Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Walgreens and CVS

We had a wonderful snow day today, so I used my time off to get some of my drugstore stuff done. I did my Walgreens trip in two transactions.

Transaction #1
1 Right Guard Clinical Strength deodorant $5.99
Tax:$0.55
Total OOP was $6.54, but I got back $5.00 in Register Rewards

Transaction #2
1 Pert Plus Men's 3 in 1 Conditioner, Shampoo, and Body Wash $3.49
2 Theraflu Warming medicines $10.00
1 Thermacare trial size heat wrap $2.49
1 Zucol Coldcare $7.99
2 Johnson and Johnson First Aid kits $2.98
Tax: $2.49

Coupons Used
$5.oo RR from Transaction #1
2 $2 Theraflu coupons found here
1 $2 Zucol coupon found here
1 $1.00 Pert Plus coupon from 1/25 Smart Source insert
1 $1.50 Pert Plus Easy Saver Walgreens coupon
1 $3/2 Johnson and Johnson First Aid product

Total for Both Transactions: $35.98
Total Coupons used: $16.50


The Theraflu, Zucol, and Thermacare wrap are eligible for Easy Saver rebates. My total rebates back for this transaction will be $18.83 (7.99 + 2.49 + 6 + 10% of total because I load it onto a Walgreens gift card).

The Pert Plus is eligible for a manufacterer's rebate found here.

My total after ESR and manufacteres rebates is -$3.34! I got paid for my purchases again! I love it when the deals all work out so that you get paid to buy things. The only downfall is that you have to let Walgreens hold your rebate money for a month. I'm okay with it because it means I get free stuff!! I'll be making another trip to Walgreens when I get my batch of coupons in from ebay. I bought some $2.00 off 1 Revlon item to use on this months free Revlon items. It'll work out so that I'm getting paid $4.00 to buy Revlon from Walgreens.

CVS
I went to CVS today as well. I normally don't go to CVS because we don't have one where I live, but since we were in a town with CVS, I decided to give it a try. I only ended up buying 2 things.

2 Stayfree 18 CT
-used Buy One Get One Free coupon from 1/04 RP insert

Total OOP: $4.77
I got back $4 Extra Care Bucks, and I was planning on using them to get some free candles, but the store was a little short staffed. I had a doctor's appointment to get to, so I decided to just take the ECB's and send Hubbie back another time.

All in all, I was happy with the CVS deals. I think CVS is a good resource if you have one in your town, but since I'm not very familiar with CVS I wasn't as comfortable with the deals I was getting. I worry that I won't get back to CVS before the ECB's expire. I'll probably just stick with Rite Aid and Walgreens unless I spot a CVS deal that can't be passed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment